Welcome to Aaroh TTC
AAROH TTC seeks to create a large and growing pool of high-calibre Special Educators that can fulfil the nation’s aim of inclusion of disabled children into the national mainstream & spread awareness about the disability field in society.
We received relevant approvals from the Rehabilitation Council of India to start the project in June 2017, and the first batch of students started the Course in August 2017. Students who have successfully completed our course will be qualified to work as Special Educators within mainstream as well as Special Schools.
Types of Degree / Diploma Provided :-
Presently the TTC offers a RCI approved two years Diploma Course in Special Education with specialization in Mental Retardation (D.Ed. Spl. Edu. -MR).
Maximum number of students allowed to be enrolled in each batch – 25 students.
In the near future the TTC aims to start a RCI approved two years Bachelor Degree Course in Special Education with specialization in Mental Retardation (B.Ed.-Spl. Edu. - MR)
Nature of the Curriculum :-
The course enables trainees to acquire knowledge, develop competencies and practice skills relevant to imparting education to children with mental retardation.
The general objective of the course is to prepare Special Educators/Teachers at pre-primary (Nursery, Kindergarten etc.) and primary (I to IV – lower primary and V to VII – upper primary) levels to serve in the following settings:
- Special schools
- Integrated \ Inclusive setup
- Itinerant programmers
The Syllabus, Norms, Guidelines & Course Content of all Diploma & Degree courses in the field of Special Education are stipulated by RCI (Rehabilitation Council of India). The nature of the course is such that special emphasis is given to first-hand practical experience along with theoretical concepts. In this regard the AAROH TTC students are benefited by the collocation with other Programs of AAROH such as Navjyoti Special School, Navkiran Diagnostic and Therapeutic Centre and Navkriti Vocational Training, Leisure and Recreation Centre.
Teaching Faculty :-
- Mr. Rakesh Kumar - D.Ed., B.Ed., M.Ed. Spl.Edu. (MR) and MA in His.
- Mr. Namo Narayan Pathak - D.Ed., B.Ed., M.Ed. Spl. Edu. (MR) and MA in Edu.
- Mrs. Debosree Das - B.Ed., M.Ed. Spl.Edu. (MR) and MA in Pol. Sc.
- Mrs. M. Sinha - (Adviser, Special Education and Vocational counsellor)
- Mr. Dharmendra Kumar - (Speech Therapist)
- Mrs. Shweta Bhatt -(Principal, Navjyoti Special School)
- Dr. RK Hora - (MBBS)
- Mr. K.N. Ojha - (Clinical Psychologist)
- Dr. Usha Grover - (Ph.D. Mental Retardation)
- Dr. Alok Kumar Bhuwan - (Ph.D.- Spl. Education)
- Mr. Hitesh Kumar - (Physio Therapist)
- Mr. Ravi Ranjan Kumar - (Occupational Therapist)
- Mr. Sandeep Kumar - (Yoga Instructor/Therapist)